Facebook

Photo Upload

EricReedPhoto - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Changing the Vote

BN04-FIRSTVOTE-02-ER.jpg






Changing America one vote at a time is how I saw this election day coverage in Sun country. I have been photographing and voting for over 20 years and have never seen people so happy to stand in line and actually pump their fists in the air in victory after voting at the polling place. Record turnouts despite early morning rain, although I think I saw more people voting in the days prior to Tuesday in order to avoid long lines. The catch was only a few locations were open before Tuesday and today there are many.



If anyone had doubts about the hope for the future of this country this is a day to remember for those who never thought they would live to see this day.

No comments: