Facebook

Photo Upload

EricReedPhoto - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Saturday, August 26, 2006

New Toy For A Different View


I have been photographing high school football for 18 years. Although it can get redundant, applying a new way of "seeing" can make for a fresh and fun experience. The Lensebaby 2.0 was the new toy du jour.


When you have been covering the same assignments for this long, it is easy to fall into a rut bad attitude of the same old thing. As we gear up for a full swing at high school football this year and the number of games I will cover, I think I need to try some new techniques, at minimum, try and have an attitude of "seeing" for the first time. You never know what will happen even if you think it will be the same.



As I was walking back to the car, after one of several pre-season stories on one of 90 teams in our coverage area, I looked down at the distinct Vans footprints I had left in the dirt on the way to the football field. I thought about what was going through my mind when I left those prints in the opposite direction that I was traveling now. I thought about the time that had passed since I had left those prints. My mood had changed from approaching the shoot to having accomplished it. I felt lighter.

No comments: