Facebook

Photo Upload

EricReedPhoto - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Saturday, July 22, 2006

An extra special message, massage

Rialto Police and narcotics officers raided two massage and tanning parlors for prostitution after months of undercover investigation.




I think this image above is my favorite because a raid can be action packed like the one below but this image makes a quiet visual statement to an emotional state, a mood, a social statement on the condition these people may be in. The girl shrunken at the bottom of a well of looming parental like officers, dark clothing and shapes. A trapped social condition.
Again, the use of the wide angle lens and natural light helps me capture what is there, unlike the use of flash and drag of the shutter to create a completely different feel of the event (the arrest blur photo). I believe how one chooses to photograph a scene conveys a layer of information not literal and always easy to explain.

No comments: