Facebook

Photo Upload

EricReedPhoto - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fire Suppression



This "Soundslide" show was a bit of a pain to put together but fun in its results. A non-traditional look at still photography. The use of the Nikon's 'motor drive' (digital cameras don't have motor drives, only a eletronic shutter) at 7 frames per second of the water drop and a pan of the 747 on the ground. The Evergreen Supertanker is a Boeing 747 that can deliver 20,000 gallons of fire retardant along 5 miles of fireline, not graceful but packs a punch.
***NOTE*** this high bandwidth show needs time to load, pause it and let it load for a few seconds first.
The slide show: 747 Air Tanker Water Drop

2 comments:

RPena said...

Hi Eric, I'm glad that you are putting together soundslides. Great step in the right direction. Unfortunately I could not view the show on my laptop I tried four times. The fist time the show stopped after about 2 seconds. The third and fourth times got up to about 10 seconds I stopped after the fifth time, not improving over the previous two times. I have a mac powerbook G4 running OS 10.4.6 and I have 1.5 GB or RAM.

RPena said...

oops, I meant to say I tried 5 times. Best wishes, rpena.