Facebook

Photo Upload

EricReedPhoto - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cristo Ray



Today, I spent about three hours at a 60-year-old Catholic church in San Bernardino called, Christ The King, AKA for the two out-the-door, Spanish-speaking masses, Cristo Ray. The story is about how three churches in the area are closing down and consolidating into one. The people have mixed feelings about the idea, some see more room and others see the loss of history. Either way, the people were extremely friendly and let me photograph them. My favorite moment of the day was to hang out with the alter boys because of the color and shape of the cross in one's hand.
To see a temp slide show and full story go to The Sun link to the right or if that's gone I have it here for now...

The Slide Show: Cristo Rey

No comments: